Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Revolutionary Love Fourth Installment




I am still writing about the second day of the virtual conference.  There were breaks built in for meditation and for dancing. I didn't think too much of the dancing ones, and used them as breaks from the program.  I loved the meditation, though, which was led by Anu Gupta.  He led meditation as a way to develop empathy and compassion for all beings.  One of the things he said as he started the first meditation was that breath has been with us from birth.  I had never thought of it that way.  The guided meditation asked participants to focus on someone for whom you have unconditional love--a beloved.  Imagine smiling at that person and having them smile back at you.  Then greet that person with what I will call a mantra;
  • May you be happy and healthy
  • May you be safe and protected
  • May you be in peace
  • May you live with ease
Anu then asked us to reflect on our five-year-old selves in the same way with the same mantra..
The next part was to reflect on those attending and then extending this to all beings.

It was very good for me, and Anu said he teaches it to help break bias.  He pointed out that bias is learned.  The picture above is how I like to imagine myself when meditating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment