Thursday, June 23, 2011

Monday, Monday

Monday was the last day of school for Sophia and Griffin.  Strange to have a half-day on a Monday, but it was a "make up" for a snow day in January.  Griffin actually went to Tae Kwan Do for a week-long camp.  I met Sophia at 12:30 after school and we went to the restaurant Hawk and Dove for lunch, which is always nice. 

We then did what Sophia really wanted to do--go to the "corner store" and get a treat. 

We did a little artwork, and then Griffin joined us.  He was exhausted from Tae Kwan Do.  Neither one of them wanted to go to the park or do anything active.  Griffin put on a movie that Sophia didn't like, but it didn't matter too much.  She just went to sleep on the sofa.  When the movie was over, I tried to get him interested in various things, but he was too tired.  He didn't even want to change channels on tv.  He ended up napping on the other sofa. 

It was a pretty calm day.  We did get in some popsicle eating on the front stoop before the naps. 

Things are coming together for my apartment. Last night, I was dealing with a tv that wouldn't work and no chairs to sit on to work on paintings, e-mails, and blogs (very important).   In addition, the bed collapsed when I got out of it this morning.  All those problems have now been addressed--tv is working (minus a channel I don'tcare about), and I have a chair.  The bed has been modified and will be completely re-done soon.  I can sleep on it now.  Have had plenty of time for art, e-mail, and blogs....so all is well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wrestling with all these darn hoses. I gave up on the timer for the strawberries and just go out and turn the darn thing on for a while in the morning.

    ReplyDelete