Saturday, June 18, 2011

Salt Lake City Airport


Greetings from the Salt Lake City Airport.  First stop on my Summer in Washington DC.  Carrie took me to the airport early this morning and so, far, so good.  I feel pretty comfortable here in Utah.  I flew out and back to this airport many times when Howard and I lived in Ogden. It's Saturday morning.  We spent many pleasant Saturday mornings around here. We had a great house, with views of the Wasatch Mountains and Great Salt Lake.  I think the elevation was about 3000'.  I could see the mountains from the kitchen window and Salt Lake from the family room.  I'd like to take a picture of those gorgeous mountains, but it's a little smoggy and they don't show very well today.  Instead, I learned a new trick and downloaded a picture from the Salt Lake City Airport website and included it in this post. 

Why were we living in Utah?  I was working at the Regional Office for the Forest Service--Intermountain Region.  I worked with a lot of great people there.   Although I was glad to move back to Oregon, I have a lot of good memories of Utah.  It is beautiful....with deserts, mountains, lakes, rivers and a wide variety of wildlife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment