Monday, September 19, 2011

Marianne Aya Omac..and Joan Baez



Last week at this time I was with my friend Sheryl getting ready for a concert in Mill Valley.  It was really quite a treat.  I had never heard of Marianne Aya Omac, but expect to hear more from her.  She has an extraordinary voice and accompanies herself on the guitar.  I cannot do justice to her in this short blog.  Of course, having Joan Baez as a special guest was the main draw.  You know she is good if Joan Baez supports her!   I was especially impressed that Joan Baez didn't sing her own songs, but supported this younger singer. They sang some duets, but it was mostly Marianne.  The songs were primarily in French (Marianne's native tongue) and  also in Spanish.  It was so beautiful, and included flamenco guitar and Marianne's special trumpet voice.....you have to hear that to believe it.  It was a special treat....thanks to Sheryl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment