Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fused Glass Party


Last Friday, I treated some friends to a fused glass party at "Live, Love, Laugh" Glass in Tigard.  I did it to thank Carrie, Nancy, Jan, Patty and Judith because they helped me get my house ready for sale and get a garage sale going.

We had fun doing it, we each now have a 6" x 6" plate, and we went out for dinner after.  That is having fun with your friends.  I cannot recommend "Live, Love, Laugh" Glass highly enough.  They supplied all the materials and great instruction.  There was a lot of variety in the glass pieces we could choose from to be fused onto the clear glass plates. It was hard to decide, but I think everyone was successful.

Mine is shown above.  It has a little more color than the picture shows because the darker pieces at the bottom are iridescent green and some are a brownish color.

I'm the only one whose seen them so far because I just picked them up today.

Here's Carrie's:


It really is clear glass.  I took the picture out the window with a sheet of white paper behind.  The background scene was too distracting without the white paper.  I took all the pictures that way.  Lively design, Carrie.

Here's Nancy's:


Nancy's has a lovely scalloped edge.  She chose to have hers "slumped" which means it was put in a mold and formed into a shallow dish in a second firing.

Here's Jan's:


It looks like a party!

Here's Patty's:

Sort of like a labyrinth, and very colorful.

Here's Judith's:


Love the colors! and the edge is very pretty.

Hope you enjoyed this glass art show.  I am posting this in the travel blog instead of the Plum Gallery blog because I considered it an outing more than an art project.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Carolyn, the pictures look so great. I didn't know what to expect. Than you for such a fun outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pieces of art that will be treasured always, I'm sure! Bravo---!

    ReplyDelete