Tuesday, May 28, 2019

May 6 Moving Day



The Road Scholar tour is closing and almost everyone is going to the airport by vans.  Jan left early for her trip back to Arizona.  I checked out at 11, but hung out in the lobby of the hotel until about 12:30 because I couldn't check into my apartment until 1. I "moved" by Uber.  In Rome, the only Ubers available are "black car"...a little more expensive than Uberx or a cab, but I felt it was a way I could trust.  At the apartment building, I met my hostess's husband Fabrizio and he gave me the keys I needed and oriented me to the neighborhood.  The apartment was nice, with a balcony that had a glimpse of the top of the dome of St. Peter's, as shown above.  The street was advertised as quiet, but it was pretty busy.  I was happy to see it was on the bus route for Bus #64, which was recommended by Rick Steves also goes by the hotel where I had been staying.

I did a little research on what I wanted to see and do and went to the local grocery store to get some "provisions."  This is my shopping bag:

I brought it home to DC with me of course after it had done it's duty in Rome.

My only disappointment in the apartment was that all of the tv channels I could find were in German!  Well, I didn't come to Rome to watch tv.  I went to bed early and got a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

  1. This Article is Awesome. It’s help me a lot. Please keep up your good work. We always with you and Waiting for your new interesting articles. Kokan Darshan

    ReplyDelete