Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 7 Vatican Museums again

I had hoped to get an early admission ticket to the Vatican Museums, but it was not to be.  I stood in line and got in after about a 15-minute wait, so that wasn't too bad.  The weather was great, so I went out on this overview of the gardens.  I then set out to go through the Museums at my own pace.  It was still crowded, so I didn't take many pictures.  I did get one, though, to bring back to the Smith family.  This is a fragment of a statue of Artemis and the Smith's sweet cat is named after her.


I spent quite a bit of time in the Octagonal Courtyard (at least, that's what I think it was called):

It was very pleasant and not too crowded there.  I mostly just wandered and took in the things I had seen last week, but didn't get time to really study.  One thing I hadn't seen on the previous visit was the staircase:
This shot doesn't even show the whole thing.  It is spectacular.  It actually is a double staircase and those going down don't encounter those going up.  I went down it and left.  

I then explored the neighborhood and had a late lunch/early dinner at a local restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment