Friday, July 15, 2011

More from Washington DC


Thursday, July 14

After soccer camp, Sophia and I got some pizza ingredients, and later made pizza with fresh pesto...using basil picked in the garden!   Actually, Mommy (aka Louisa) did most of the work, and we just helped.  We had a lot of fun with it, and ended up with a doughnut pizza, because it had a hole in the middle. 

Before the pizza feast, we went to the pool to cool off and had a great time there.  I forgot to take a picture, though.

Friday, July 15:

With mornings "off," I'm keeping up with a Sketch a Day challenge for July through SketchCrawl DC.  I'm also getting a little more time to keep up with my blogs, and I'm working on a big "Labyrinth" painting.  I pick up Sophia at 12 every day from soccer camp.   Today, we went to Matchbox, hoping to make a sketch of a building across the street.  We weren't able to get a outside table in the front, or even a table in the front of the restaurant, but I took a picture of the restaurant.  On its alley side, there is a Coca-Cola sign that looks old, but isn't....the restaurant itself also looks like it's been there a long time, but it is new.  We haven't gone to it yet....something to think about.


We did some sketching anyway at Matchbox and I ate something I had never had before--watermelon gazpacho.  Very tasty Summertime treat.

When Sophia and I got back to the house, we worked on some interesting puzzles.  They were blank and you can paint or draw your own picture.  Sophia drew one a couple of weeks ago that was a challenge to put back together after we took it apart because we didn't have a picture.  Working together today, we did it!. 



Then, we made a new one together:
...and took a picture before taking it apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment