Friday, July 1, 2011

National Museum of Art


One of my favorite places in Washington DC is the National Gallery of Art.  It is on the Capitol Mall, like the Smithsonian Museums, but is not part of the Smithsonian.  There are two Buildings, East and West, with a fountain in between.  One of my favorite things is shown in the picture above--it's a moving walkway between the two buildings with twinkly lights that randomly change.  The National Gallery of Art also includes a Sculpture Garden that has a large round fountain that becomes an ice-skating rink in Winter.  I went on Wednesday afternoon, when I had an afternoon off from being with Sophia.  I was able to visit the gift shops,and saw a couple of great exhibits.  Also hung out in the Sculpture Garden, where I might return tonight.  They have a jazz concert every Friday night.

On Thursday, Sophia and I did a neighborhood walk and sketched at a local park.  Sophia drew a picture of her family:
She's the one with the long hair in the bottom left.  She is a real homebody and loves her family.

Just for fun, the artist posed with the drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment