Saturday, July 2, 2011

My apartment

I have an apartment here, which is nice....a little separation from the family.  I am so used to being alone that I find I kind of need that.  It is in the basement of Smith family house, so it is very convenient.   Here's a picture of the very contemporary kitchen:



It is comfortable, but we constantly work to make it better. I noticed that there was NO ART on the walls.  I found that Griffin and Sophia had both brought home "portfolios" of their art work from the last school year.  I raided it, and so here is an impromtu PLUM GALLERY EAST show:
"Caterpiller to Butterfly" Sophia Smith

"Masque" Griffin Smith 

"Shapes and Colors" Sophia Smith

"Seahorse" Sophia Smith

I also want to point out the alternate name of this gallery.  It is "Lulu's Famous E Street Gallery."  Lulu is Sophia's very sophisticated Madame Alexander doll and we are on E St.  Yes, there are more art works from Sophia than from Griffin in this show.  He doesn't do as much art as he used to.  He is seven and more into sports.

3 comments:

  1. just found your "travels" blog...love the apartment...and the art is as good as you'd find anywhere! I am tuned in to see what you do next . Lulu East...great name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn,
    How nice to have a little window into your apartment and to enjoy the opening of your new gallery! What wonderful talent you are helping to foster and what beautiful memories you are making with them, my dear!

    ReplyDelete