Tuesday, January 5, 2016

November 16, San Francisco to Anderson






I felt that this was going to be a challenging day.  I had refused to drive in San Francisco, but wanted a car to drive around Northern and Central California to see family and friends.  In advance, I reserved a car in Vallejo because I thought it would be fun to take the ferry from San Francisco to Vallejo, but the rental car office was quite a distance from the ferry dock.  It was Enterprise, and they say they will pick you up....but I was skeptical.  I left the Royal Pacific by Uber.  Above is the last picture from my balcony and you can just see the Coast Range mountains.  I have always loved that building with the balconies and the dome that is in the upper center of the picture.  I think it is a private residence...wow!

At the Ferry Building, I bought my ticket but had to wait awhile until the next ferry crossing to Vallejo.  No problem.  It was beautiful on the waterfront and I felt like I was just "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay."


Vallejo Baylink Ferry - Vallejo, CA, United States. Pier 41-1/2 home to Red and White bay tour boats
When the ferry did come, it was not crowded at all and everything is much nicer than it was when I took the ferry to work in the Financial District from Vallejo and back.  We made a stop at Pier 41 and had another view of downtown and then Fisherman's Wharf.   On the way to Vallejo, I was excited to see East Brother Light Station.  It is a bed and breakfast place that is on a tiny island between San Francisco Bay and San Pablo Bay.  The ferry goes right by it.  It looks charming, but I have never gone there.

lighthouse-module

I called Enterprise when I got to Vallejo and the guy came pretty quickly to take me to the rental office.  I got my little car and headed off to Anderson.  I got there for my cousin Sandy's birthday and her daughter Amie was there.  I hadn't seen her in a very long time.  We had a fun time catching up and I a good visit with my Aunt Ardye, who is 91.  I only regret that I didn't take any pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment